1/4" Elco RapidSet MAXX Power Setting Tool
This is the tool needed to get the job of setting lead machine screw anchors done fast.
The power setting tool by Elco attaches directly to the drill and acts to pull the insert into the lead shield. Mechanical action of tool’s threaded stud pulling up on internal anchor threads is much more efficient than pounding down the lead anchor sleeve. Maximizes expansion of bottom portion of lead sleeve which results in consistently high pull-out values. MAXX version actually pulls down from the top in addition to pulling up from bottom for even higher pull-out values.
- The fastest, easiest and most reliable way to install machine screw anchors (Calk-In™ style Anchors)
- No use of the clumsy hammer & setting tool or the expensive and slow expander setting tools
- Power tool does all the work—no pounding with setting tools
- Put RapidSet® Installation Tool into power tool, trigger tool to rapidly spin anchor onto tool, insert into hole and trigger tool. (Battery impact drivers work great)
- Eliminates the need for anchor to be bottom bearing
- Automatically sets anchor just below the surface—no guessing on depth
- MAXX model (1/4-20 size only) allows for placing anchor at various depths (up to 2”) below the surface as in stucco over block applications
- 1/4" hex drive shaft with ball groove for both drills and impact drivers
Posted by Unknown on 01 08 2018
Great tool unless you go out of plumb by 1 degree (which the instructions actually tell you to do if it isn't fitting properly).
Personally, I would argue that I was 100% plumb, but trying to explain that to the sales person is a waste of time. Just let them sell you a repair kit.
WindStorm Products: This tool is gold standard for shutter contractors and the tool they use each and everyday for installing lead anchors.
Now with that being said If the tool is operated to far out of plumb the tip will shear off and require the purchase of a rebuild kit.
Most shutter contractors will keep several of the rebuild kits on the truck as snap-offs happen.
The tool parallels the installation of tapcons in masonry. When you are brand new to their installation you will snap off one or two per box. As time goes on one or two per thousand.